I know that many of you who listen to this podcast are very aware of the quality of your employee experience and the importance of your employer brand reputation. However, as the balance in the workforce between permanent hires, contractors, and project-based workers evolves, do you still truly understand all the factors influencing your employer brand?
My guest this week is Tanya de Grunwald, journalist and founder of The Good And Fair Employers Club. Tanya is a long time campaigner for the rights of young people in the workplace and has been working tirelessly to expose the use of exit or training fees by some IT outsourcing companies. This interview is an absolute must listen for everyone working for an organization that contract in workers from external providers.
In the interview, we discuss:
• What are exit fees, and what are their implications for young people?
• The implications of denying people the right to move jobs
• The legal position
• Outsourcing and placement: who is and isn’t an employee?
• Why have employers been so slow to act
• Ethics in procurement and supplier management
• Providing consistent values and experience for the entire workforce
• Whistleblowing & PR disasters
• Good and fair employers
A full transcript will appear here shortly.