Back in 2008, I read a book about emerging social technologies that had a massive influence on the direction of my career. That book was called Groundswell, and I’m delighted that one of its authors is my guest this week. Charlene Li is now the bestselling author of six books, an analyst, entrepreneur, advisor, and investor. She is also one of the preeminent experts on the topic of digital transformation.
Charlene’s new book is called The Disruption Mindset, and in our conversation, we discuss the talent strategies and thinking required for digital transformation.
In the interview, we discuss:
- How things have changed and developed in the decade since Groundswell
- The disruption mindset, what it is and why it is important
- The importance of people and culture in digital transformation
- What makes a disruptive leader and how do you build a disruptive team
- Why digitization of the workplace is the most significant opportunity for radical change
Charlene also shares some examples of companies who are fully considering people issues in their digital transformation strategies.