One of the topics I get asked to cover frequently is the growth of the corporate executive recruiting function. So with that in mind, I’ve partnered with ESIX, The Executive Search Information Exchange, to bring you a series of three interviews exploring the key trends and issues in corporate executive recruiting.
In episode 363, we talked about the evolution of corporate executive recruiting; in this episode, I want to explore diversity at the executive level and how employers can do better. My guest is Elizabeth Wallace, Head of Portfolio Talent at HG, and she has some valuable insights and advice to share.
In the interview, we discuss:
▪ How the pandemic is changing executive recruiting
▪ Opening up diverse talent pools with flexible working
▪ Diversity, Equity and Equality
▪ Assessment for development, not selection
▪ Social Mobility
▪ Challenging recruiting norms
▪ The value of talent to organisations and talent as a business function
▪ Transparent, human leadership
▪ Hopes for the next 12 to 18 months