The future of work remains a common discussion topic. Whenever we cover it on this show, I always like to look at things through a talent lens. In recent months I’ve had a series of guests from outside of the industry giving their perspective on talent and the future of work. To provide us with an insider view my guest this week is a veteran of the talent acquisition industry.
Peter Weddle is CEO of the TA Tech trade association and author of a recent book on the future called “Circa 2118 – What humans will do when the machines take over.”
In the interview we discuss:
- Why there is such an unprecedented level of investment in talent acquisition technology
- The surprisingly short term impact of AI
- How we should be preparing for the future of work right now
- Eliminating tasks rather than eliminating jobs
- What should talent acquisition be focusing on
- The vital importance of building relationships
Peter also talks about the forthcoming TA Tech conference taking place in Lisbon in early May.