Personal branding is something we’ve been talking about for at least a decade now, and it sometimes feels that much of advice that is shared is unrealistic and somewhat divorced from most people’s reality.
With the global economic crisis causing many people to rethink their long-held career plans, arguably personal branding has never been more critical, and some fresh thinking and new ideas are desperately needed.
My guest this week is consultant, author and speaker Jeff Gothelf. Jeff’s new book “Forever Employable” is fantastic and offers advice and insights on personal branding that are relevant, realistic and achievable. This interview is a must-listen for everyone in the difficult times we are currently going through.
In the interview, we discuss:
• The story behind “Forever Employable”
• Personal branding in 2020
• The end of corporate loyalty
• Creating a safety net of opportunity
• Planting your flag and building a personal platform
• Standing out from the noise via humility and vulnerability
• Are preconceived ideas about talent making employers miss out on valuable skills
• What does the future of work look like and what tools do we need