Data based intelligence is a critical part of the modern world, but historically talent acquisition has tended to be based on gut feel and lived experience, making it very slow to wake up to the new realities of data-based decision making. Thankfully things are now changing, and one aspect of this change is the rise of talent intelligence as a talent acquisition business function.
My guest this week is Marlieke Pols, Talent Intelligence analyst at Philips. Marklieke recently authored a whitepaper that Phillips has published aimed at helping employers better appreciate the immense value of talent intelligence as a critical part of any talent acquisition strategy.
In the interview, we discuss:
- What is talent intelligence?
- Why instinct is not good enough
- Difference between talent intelligence and people analytics
- The key benefits, KPIs and ROI of talent intelligence
- Data sources
- How many employers are using talent intelligence
- Building the business case
- The skills needed in a talent intelligence team.