As regular listeners of this show will know, Artificial Intelligence and its implication for work and jobs is a favourite topic. I feel that it is imperative to keep on exploring it from different viewpoints as it is such a crucial theme for the future of Recruiting and HR.
With that is mind I’m delighted that my guest this week is Byron Reese, futurist, author and publisher at leading technology research and media company Gigaom. Byron has recently written a critically acclaimed book called “The Fourth Age: Smart Robots, Conscious Computers and The Future Of Humanity” and has some fascinating views on the future of jobs and work.
In the interview we discuss:
• Three possible future scenarios for the job market post automation
• Why Byron holds an optimistic view on the future of employment
• What skills are important as things change
• Why automating jobs often creates more demand for the skills being automated
• The biggest popular misconception about the capability of AI
Byron also give his advice as to what recruiting, and HR professionals should be doing now to prepare for the future of work