Background checking is an area we’ve never really covered on the podcast. In the past, it has just felt like a necessary but very functional part of the hiring process. However, with the explosion in our digital footprints and the power of AI, that has now changed.
So, how can background checks now help prevent workplace misconduct and improve the quality of hire? Where does AI fit in, and how can we ensure everything is legal and ethical?
My guest this week is Ben Mones, CEO and Founder at Fama, an online screening technology company working with employers worldwide. If you haven’t looked at what is happening in background screening for a while, this conversation with Ben will help you get up to date with what is possible.
In the interview, we discuss:
• The impact of workplace misconduct
• Talent screening
• How background checks have evolved in the last 10. years
• The “Cambrian explosion” of digital information
• Using AI to unlock the signal from the noise
• The importance of applying human expertise and judgement
• The dangers of hiring managers doing their own checking
• How does AI-driven screening work
• Legislation, Compliance, Ethics and Bias
• Improving the quality of hire
• What does the future look like
A full transcript will appear here shortly.