One of the key lessons from 2022 is that implementing effective strategies for DE&I is always a long-term journey rather than a quick fix. Sharing insights to learn from the experiences of others is a critical part of the process; progress cannot happen in a vacuum.
My guest this week is Eric Thomas, Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer at Genesys. Genesys is on a journey to become a more diverse company, and a vital part of this is increased workforce representation to align with the markets they serve. Eric has some valuable insights to share on the lessons they are learning, particularly around talent acquisition and employee experience.
In the interview, we discuss:
• Eric’s journey to becoming a Chief Diversity Officer
• The lessons Genesys has learnt during its ongoing evolution to being a more diverse company.
• Empathy and helping employees understand the why
• Inclusion and belonging
• The innovation required for effective DE&I work
• Determining priorities and experimentation
• Reimagining talent acquisition
• Redesigning the interview process
• Employee experience as a differentiator
• Advice to other employers on a similar journey
• Setting industry benchmarks and building an ecosystem.
A full transcript will appear here shortly.