I’m sure many of you, like me, are currently spending much of your working and indeed some of our social lives on video calls. I’ve seen a lot of content out there to help people with the technical and visual aspects for video but not much on what is perhaps the most essential ingredient of all, effective use of the voice.
So how do you generate the same presence on a Zoom call that you could get in a face to face meeting or on a conference stage? Well, my guest this week is the perfect person to help. Caroline Goyder is an internationally renowned voice coach who works actors, broadcasters and business professionals. She is the author two books and her TED talk on speaking with confidence as been view over 7 million times.
In the interview, we discuss:
• The voice as an instrument and the importance of presence
• The difference between talking face to face and via a Zoom call
• Being confident without being self-conscious
• The importance of voice in leadership
• Lessons to learn from professional performers
Caroline’s book is available here, and if you send your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org you can receive the audio course she mentioned free of charge.