With everything that has happened in the last few weeks (just to timestamp this I’m recording on March 31st, 2020) there is understandably already a massive amount of content being released and discussion going on about remote working. I wanted to add some value rather than some noise to all of this, so I’ve invited back one of my former guests to give us a CEO’s perspective on remote working.
Wiktor Schmidt is Executive Chairman & Co-founder of Netguru, a company that has always had a remote-first operating model for its employees. Wiktor has a tremendous amount of experience leading remote teams and has some valuable insights to share.
In the interview, we discuss:
- What is a remote-first organization?
- The difference between choosing to work from home and being forced to work from home and the implications for leadership
- Maintaining culture remotely
- The vital importance of trust
- Keeping a remote team motivated and productive
- Digital leadership
- Future equality of opportunity for remote workers