The corporate careers site has now been with us for 20 years. In that time mobile devices and social media have revolutionised the way we experience the internet, and many employers have significantly changed the way they think about recruitment and employer branding. Despite this careers sites have changed very little in the same period, design trends have indeed moved on but fundamentality the functionality and user experience of the vast majority of careers sites has remained unchanged for two decades.
I’ve recently researched and published a whitepaper on the future of career sites and wanted to explore the topic further on this week’s podcast. With that in mind, it is my absolute pleasure to welcome Ben Gledhill back to the show. Ben is currently Head of Resourcing for Yodel and has a growing reputation as a Talent Acquisition leader who likes to think differently. Ben has been involved in a number of careers site projects and has some great insights to share.
In the interview we discuss:
• The recruitment marketing challenges that Talent Acquisition professionals face
• The essential digital experience similarities between recruiting and e-commerce
• The role of technology and growing importance of Careers Site Platforms
• Producing compelling content and why it doesn’t have to cost a fortune
• Getting business buy-in for Careers Site transformation
Ben also shares his vision for the future of corporate Careers Sites.